There are various ways to get around the Houghton/Hancock area. Most destinations are within walking distance, but if you need additional transportation GSG has compiled a list of options for you.
- The Husky Campus Shuttle (Yellow/Black Line), accessible to students, faculty and staff with a valid HuskyCard
- The Daniel Heights Shuttle (Red Line), accessible to students, faculty, staff and guests,
- The City Commuter Shuttle (Green Line), accessible to students, faculty, staff and guests,
- The Shopping Shuttle (Blue Line), accessible to students, faculty, staff and guests.
All shuttles are equipped with GPS units to provide the current location of each shuttle along its route. View mtu.edu/bus-routes for the current locations of all shuttles.
View the Shuttle Services page on the MTU Transportation Services website for more information, rules and guidelines applying to shuttle services.
Summer 2020 Shuttle Guidelines
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic situation, please follow these guidelines when you use the shuttle services:
- Use the shuttle sign up sheet to board a particular bus route,
- Maintain social distancing (at least 6 feet) while waiting, boarding, and alighting the bus,
- Remember that each shuttle has a current capacity of no more than 10 people,
- Schedule your return shuttle ride according to the 1 hour shopping time restriction put in place by Walmart,
- Wear face covering while in the shuttle and in Walmart.
A few Lyft drivers are also active in the Houghton and Hancock area–check out Lyft.com to find a ride.
For more information about the Houghton Public Transit schedule, pricing, and routes, check out the transit information page on the City of Houghton website.
Note: Hancock has a Public Transit bus system too! On demand service only, Monday through Friday, 9.00 am to 5.00 pm. Check out the City of Hancock Public Transit page for further information.